- Forklift Operator $45.00 per hour
- Warehouse Storperson Cert III Transport & Logistics
- Stock Control / Inventory
Primary purpose of position
To work as a member of the Supply team, responsible for the managing and the operation of three Council stores whilst ensuring a safe, efficient and effective stores service to Councils Business Units. The incumbent will also prepare, review and process the purchasing documentation in accordance with policies, procedures and Council delegations, to facilitate the provision of resources required by Business Unit’s . The role will require the team member to work at various Council locations within the local government area.
- To provide support and assistance in carrying out Council’s organisational procurement function in accordance with the Local Government Act, Regulations and Council’s policies and procedures.
- Ensure that Council Stores are managed in accordance with policies and procedures to deliver the service level requirements of Council’s Business units.
- Process purchase requisitions, purchase orders, organise store stock, and ensure the orderly maintenance and general cleanliness of stock rooms, to provide a well-managed, efficient and relevant stores service.
- Maintain supply transactions and inventory documentation, and ensure purchasing documentation is maintained in accordance with compliance requirements.
- Carry out periodic stock takes; maintain inventory at levels compatible with usage and seasonal requirements; operate a fork lift to manage warehouse stock.
- Process transaction records accurately and in a timely manner; identify and provide recommendations to improvement systems and procedures; ensure centralised information system holds data in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Liaise with internal customers to improve service levels regarding the procurement of goods and services.
- Develop communications with suppliers to facilitate a quality supply chain service.
- Comply with WHS requirements to facilitate a safe working environment.
- Assist the Team Leader Supply, in other Stores processing and procurement processing functions as required.
- Current Class C drivers licence.
- Forklift licence or willingness to obtain a licence.
- Experience and knowledge in stores management including stock control, stores layout, stores systems and obsolescence inventory control.
- Well-developed customer service skills and ability to communicate effectively.
- Demonstrated ability for attention to detail.
- Skills in the use of computerised systems and the ability to adapt to new technology.
- Proficient in manual handling skills
Desirable Qualifications and or Experience
- A certificate in warehousing and inventory control would be highly regarded, as would a commitment to undertake further training by gaining the Supply Management Certificate at TAFE.
- Local Government experience
- Supply management software applications, Microsoft applications and SAP system.
APPLY NOW: Click ‘apply’ to submit your resume or if you have any questions please contact Alison Southwick from Allstaff Australia on 02 9734 7006 or email [email protected]